Friday, June 8, 2012

3 and 1/2

I cannot believe how much more tired I am this time around! With our first baby girl I worked 11 hours days and when I eventually went to the hospital to have her, I kept thinking about the new hire who was joining my team that day and I did not get a chance to train him. This time around I can barely make it to lunch time. After working a full 9 hours each day and romping around with baby girl, I am completely knackered and it takes everything I have to muster up enough energy to even open my laptop.
But over the next couple of weeks we have so much going on with NiGi… photoshoots, summer markets, continuous research . We have learnt a lot about company start-ups over the past year. My sisters have been running NiGi on magic over the past 20 years… and a whole lot of love… in Trinidad and Tobago. So when we decided to launch nigiusa.com, we thought the hardest part would be designing and developing the web site. But apparently there are things like social media, marketing, promotions and weird things like taxes and licenses!
They say getting married tests your relationship… how about having a 1 year old running around and starting up a company and now baking another bambino in the oven! Gosh it feels like our lives have fast forwarded in the last couple of years.
Oh did I mention baby girl took her first steps this week! I am a very proud… tired mommy... but happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment